domingo, 27 de marzo de 2011

The Farthest Galaxy Pinpointed

I was boring as hell so I decided to take a look to google earth , a friend told me to switch to sky view and I found it quite amazing. how detailed the constelations and stars are and with lot of information about'em

Then I got quite interesting in knowing what is the farthest galaxy ever discovered and after a little bit of research ( using Google of course ) I found that UDFy-38135539 is the farthest galaxy discovered by the Huddle Telescope. Astronomers have confirmed that UDFy-38135539 galaxy in the constellation Fornax is the most distant known object in the universe, shining more than 13 billion light-years away and reflecting an era when stars were just beginning to emerge from a cosmic fog and they found that we are seeing it when the Universe was less than 600 million years old. Here is a picture from UDFy-38135539

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario